Search KBs (advanced
To perform a KB advanced search on the Advanced Search
to a KB search page
- In the Find Questions boxes,
type your search words and phrases:
- Type a word or words
in the All box if all the records found must contain
all the words.
- Type a phrase in the Exact Phrase box if
all the records found must contain the exact phrase. You do not
need to enclose phrases in quotation marks.
- Type a word or words in the At Least One box
if all the records found must contain one or more of the words.
- Type a word or words in the Without box if
the records found must not contain the words. (You
must use one or more of the other boxes in order to use this box.)
- In the boxes listed above, you can use:
- You can select the language of your search words in the Language
of Search Terms drop-down list. If your search words are
in a language other than the language in which you use QuestionPoint,
you usually receive more results and are less likely to miss relevant
results if you select the language.
- For more precise results, change the selections in the Limit
Results To boxes to limit your search results to records:
- Located in particular KBs
- Modified (added, activated, or updated) within the last week,
month, 3 months, 6 months, or year
- Containing a question asked in a particular language
- In which the search words appear in the Keyword field
- In one of these categories: FAQ, Bibliography/Pathfinder,
Research, Ready Reference, or Community Information. (Use this box
sparingly. These categories are not widely used.)
- With a particular subject or subject and subject broad class
(based on Library of Congress Classification)
Dewey (DDC) to LC (LCC) Classification
- With a particular requesting institution (received question
- With a particular responding institution (answered the question)
- In the Results Per Page drop-down list, select
the number of records that you want to view on each page of the
search results. (The default is 10.)
- Click the Search button.
QuestionPoint displays the Knowledge Base Search Results
KB search results
Options on the Advanced Search page
- Click the Clear button to empty the
Find Questions boxes, uncheck the Knowledge Base boxes, and return
the Limit Results To boxes to their default settings.
Only in the Ask a Librarian module:
- Click the Question Detail link to view
the Full Question in a separate window.
- Click the Return to Question link to return
to the Answer Question page.