Search KBs for an
To search the global and local knowledge bases (KBs)
for an answer to a patron's question:
- Go to the Full Question.
- Click the Answer button to view Answer Question.
- Click the Search KB button to go to Basic
- Perform a basic KB search.
the Advanced Search link and perform an advanced
- If you find a KB record containing an answer that you want
to use, do one of the following:
- Click the Forward
Answer button if you want to edit the answer and send it to
the patron or to the patron and others but you do not want to add
scripts, attach files, or save the answer as a draft.
- Click the Copy Answer button if you want
to edit the answer, add scripts, attach files, or save the answer
as a draft before you send it to the patron.
- On the screen that appears, edit and process the answer as
needed and send it to the patron or save it as a draft.
If you send the answer, QuestionPoint:
- Sends it in an e-mail message like other answers sent
by your library. The patron does not know that the answer came from
a knowledge base.
- Adds entries in the Question History identifying the KB record
from which the answer came and containing the answer sent.
- Indicates at the top of the KB record the number of times
the record has been forwarded or copied to answer a question.