Search KBs (basic
To perform a KB basic search on the Basic Search page:
to a KB search page
- In the Search For box,
type one or more search words or phrases.
- Enclose each
phrase in quotation marks.
- Select the KBs that you want to search.
- If no KB
boxes are checked, QuestionPoint searches the Global KB only.
- Click the Search button.
QuestionPoint displays the Knowledge Base Search Results
KB search results
Options on the Basic Search page
- You can use wildcards and truncation when you type search
truncation (search KBs)
- You can use AND, OR, NOT when you type search words.
OR, NOT (search KBs)
- You can use fuzzy searches when you type search words.
searches (search KBs)
- Click the Clear button to empty the Search
For box and uncheck the Knowledge Base boxes.
- Click the Advanced Search link to go to the
Advanced Search page, which provides more search options and lets
you enter your search more precisely. For example, it lets you select
the language of your search words in the Language of Search
Terms drop-down list. If your search words are in a language
other than the language in which you use QuestionPoint, you usually receive
more results and are less likely to miss relevant results if you
select the language. When you use the Basic Search page, QuestionPoint
processes your search words as if they are in the language in which
you use QuestionPoint.
Only in the Ask a Librarian module:
- Click the Question Detail link to view
the Full Question in a separate window.
- Click the Return to Question link to return
to the Answer Question page.