Recall Global Network
You can recall a question that your library referred
to the Global Network if you no longer need an answer.
When you recall a question from the Global Network:
- You confirm that the Global Network has not yet provided
- You update the question's routing information
- You send a message to the library that received the question
from the Global Network
- You take action on the question
To recall a question from the Global Network:
- Go to the Full Question and look
at the Question History:
- If a library in the Global Network
has already answered the question, stop. This procedure does not
- If the question has not been answered, go to step 2.
- Click the Update Routing Information link.
displays the Update Global Question Routing Information page.
- Uncheck the Patron box in the Send Reply
To field, if it is checked.
- Check the Requestor box in the Send Reply
To field, if it is not checked.
- Type a note in the Comments box. In the note,
state that you are recalling the question, give your reason for
recalling it, and ask the library to send an empty answer.
are recalling this question that we referred to the Global Network because
we no longer need an answer. Please go to the question and send
an empty answer with no text in it. If you do this, the Global Network
will send the question back to us and will not refer it to another
library. We unchecked the Patron box so the patron will not receive
- Select and copy the note that you typed so you can paste it
in step 9.
- Click the Update button.
updates the information, sends a notice of your changes to the library
that received the question, and displays the Full Question.
- Click the Send Message link.
displays the Librarian Message page.
- Paste into the Message box the note that you copied in step
- Optional: Type any other information that
you want to include in the message.
- Click the Send Message button.
adds your message in the question history, sends the message to
the library that received the question, and displays the Full Question
- Do both of the following:
- After a library sends
an empty answer, return to the question and close it.
- To send an answer to the patron, add a new question manually
to replace the recalled question and use the new question to send
the answer to the patron.