Use the Submit
to KB Option page
The Submit to KB Option page appears when you add records
to a KB from a question list. The page lets you specify options
for the records.
- In Do you want to edit?:
- Click Yes if you want to edit the
records before you add them to a KB. Go to step 3.
must click Yes if some of the questions are unanswered.
This lets you add answers and other required information.
- Click No if you do not want to edit the records
before you add them. Go to step 2.
- In Add to, for each KB in which you want
to add the records:
- Check the box
in front of the KB name.
- Select a status option.
options: new KB record
- Select a Make Public option.
access to KBs
- Does Do you want to close? appear on the
- If it does, the questions that you selected are
active. Go to step 4.
- If it does not, the questions that you selected are already
closed. Go to step 5.
- In Do you want to close?:
- Click Yes if
you want to close the selected questions when you click the Submit button.
- Click No if you want to keep the selected
questions active when you click the Submit button.
- Optional: In the list of questions,
uncheck the box for any question that you do not want to add to
- Click the Submit button.
- If you
clicked Yes in Do you want to edit?,
QuestionPoint displays the Add New Record page for the first question.
this procedure on that page.
the Add New Record page
- If you clicked No in Do you want
to edit?, QuestionPoint adds the records, displays the
question list from which you selected the questions, and displays
a message that summarizes the results of your action. Click the View
Detail link in the message to view more information, including
the KB record number assigned to each record.
message includes a warning If QuestionPoint did not add a record
because required fields are missing. Click the View Detail link
in the message for a list of the missing required fields.
Click the Cancel button at any time
to return to the question list without adding the selected questions
to a KB.
Click a Question Detail link at any
time to view a separate window containing the Full Question information
for a question.