Find KB records by
If you are a KB editor, you can go directly to a particular
KB record if you know its ID number.
You can search for a record by either of two ID numbers:
- ID number of a KB record (This is called the "Record
ID" or the "Knowledge Base question ID.")
- ID number of the original question in the Ask a Librarian
module on which a KB record is based (This is called the "Q&A
ID" or the "Ask Librarian question ID.")
To seach by ID number:
- Go to the Question ID Search page.
Base > Search > Question ID)
Note: The Question
ID menu link appears below the Search tab
only if you are a KB editor.
- Type a single ID number or a range
of ID numbers in the box.
not include commas in numbers. Include a beginning and ending number when
you type a range of numbers.)
- Record ID, single: 72623
- Record ID, range: 72500-72800
- Q&A ID, single: 795818
- Q&A ID, range: 740000-799999
- Select the question ID type.
- Select Knowledge
Base Question ID to search by Record ID
- Select Ask Librarian Question ID to search
by Q&A ID.
- Click the Search button.
QuestionPoint searches all of the KBs to which you have
access, including those for which you are an editor and those for
which you are not. QuestionPoint displays the Knowledge Base Browse
Results page or the Record Detail page containing the results.