on question form
Your library can place a QuestionPoint question form
on its web site to let patrons submit questions when they visit
QuestionPoint automatically receives and acknowledges
each question submitted on the form.
QuestionPoint gives each question the following status:
QuestionPoint places each question in the following question
QuestionPoint assigns each question in one of the following
- Automatically. QuestionPoint automatically assigns the
question to a librarian or administrator based on assignment information
that your library includes with its question form and on options
that your institution administrator sets in QuestionPoint (Administration > Institution > Settings > Web
- Unassigned. QuestionPoint leaves the question unassigned if
your library does not include assignment information with the question
form and set the related options.
QuestionPoint notifies your library of each question
in one of the following ways:
- If QuestionPoint assigns the question automatically,
it sends an e-mail notice to the assignee's e-mail address.
- If QuestionPoint leaves the question unassigned, it sends
an e-mail notice to the E-mail Question Notification address, if
any, specified by your institution administrator (Administration > Institution > Settings > E-mail
When a patron submits a question, QuestionPoint:
- Displays the acknowledgement page for the patron.
- Sends one of the following messages to the patron's
- The new account message, if the patron
did not have a patron account.
- The new question message, if the patron already had a patron
Your institution administrator can customize the acknowledgement
page and e-mail messages (Administration > Institution > Settings > Custom
QuestionPoint updates the patron's QuestionPoint
account in the Patron Interface as follows:
- It creates an account for the patron if there was no
account for the e-mail address submitted with the question.
- It places the question in the account's unanswered