Copy a KB answer
Use Copy Answer to copy a KB record's answer
to the Answer Question page for the question on which you are currently
working. Then you can edit the answer, add scripts, attach files,
or save the answer as a draft before you send the answer to the patron.
To use Copy Answer:
- Click the Copy Answer button
on a KB record to return to the Answer Question page for the current
(The answer from the KB
record appears in the Answer box.)
- Use the Answer Question page to do any of the following:
- Send an answer
- Request clarification
- Save a draft answer
If you send an answer or request clarification:
- QuestionPoint sends the answer or clarification request
to the patron's e-mail address.
- The patron receives the answer or clarification request in
an e-mail message that looks like others sent by your library. The
patron does not know that the information came from a knowledge
- The Full Question reappears. In the question history, two
new entries identify the KB record from which the answer came and
show the answer or clarification request sent to the patron.
- The status of the question changes to "Answered" if
you sent an answer or to "Pending" if you requested
If you save a draft answer:
- The Full Question reappears. The history includes the
draft answer but does not identify the KB record from which the
- The status of the question does not change.
- You still need to send an answer to the patron.