Specify the initial Web page for the Viewport
The Viewport is an area, on the chat request form and
the patron chat window, for displaying Web pages. The Viewport is
available to your library's patrons if your group/BME
offers Chat service with Viewport
If the Viewport is available, you (as your library's
QuestionPoint Institution administrator) can change the initial
Web page that appears in the Viewport for your patrons.
See the current initial Web page in the Viewport
To see whether the Viewport is available for your patrons
and, if it is, to see its current initial Web page:
- Go to Administration > Institution > Forms > Forms
Manager > Chat Settings and URLs.
- See if there is a Chat with Viewport area at the bottom of the Chat Form page.
there is, the Viewport is available for your patrons. Go to step
If not, the Viewport is not available
for your patrons. Stop.
- Click a View link in the Chat with
displays your library's chat form in a separate window.
The Viewport containing your library's current initial
Web page appears to the left of the chat form.
Change the initial Web page in the Viewport
To change the initial Web page that appears in the Viewport
for your library:
- Make note of the URL of the page
that you want to be the initial Web page.
not choose a framebusting URL. See
web pages and URLs)
you want the initial Web page to cover multiple languages, include
a section for each language on the page or include links on the
page that lead to a page for each language.
- Go to Administration > Institution > Forms > Viewport
- Type or paste the URL in the Viewport URL box.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Test Viewport URL button to verify
that the correct page appears.